Originally Posted by Cecilia
I received an email from her teacher...
"She is really going to keep me on my toes.
She is a very deep thinker..."
Yesterday for show and tell she drew her thoughts on Einsteins Theory of Relativity
She is fascinated with the game Rush Hour (not jr. level) and is almost done with the intermediate level ...
She came home crying that her spelling words were "go, it, and a" and she can't have words like "caterpillar"
She's upset that she can't continue to learn multiplication like we do at home

I know what I need to do, but I just don't want to wahhhh ... and then what if she's not??? I just hate being and feeling like one of "those parents" frown

Advocacy really takes a lot out of one...it is so wearying. But at least you have an observant teacher.
Step one is to set up a meeting and see if you can adress the particular issues ASAP.

Will the teacher allow you to send in a seperate spelling list? Seperate Math worksheets? Seperate reading books?

Ask the Teacher: "I think my daughter needs a level of material usually presented in higher grades. For that I need to speak to the principle. Would you support my suggestion that DD go to X grade for math and Y grade for language arts? What do you think is the best way to met her academic needs. It breaks my heart when she sobs and cries about school."
Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com