DD11 is HG and is cruising right now in her gt school even though she is receiving additional acceleration in her strength area. She has a great teacher this year who is trying to challenge her more. She has no desire to skip for social reasons. Outside of school, she is over-scheduled right now. She is playing a competitive sport, taking multiple lessons a week for her chosen musical instrument and participates in a couple other weekly clubs. She has very little free time right now. I think that she is using her activities to fill in some of the gaps and occupy her brain.

I let her do this on purpose this year. Up until now, I have limited her to one or two activities at a time depending upon time commitments. This is her last year of elementary and quite frankly, it doesn't really count for much. So, I stopped saying "no." I'm letting her try everything she can fit in her schedule. I want her to feel over-extended. I want her to realize that she can't do everything and do it at the level that she demands of herself. I want her to test her organizational skills. In the meantime, I hope that she will figure out what's important and where she wants to focus her energy in the future. Of course, this all may backfire on me and she may juggle everything without breaking a sweat. I guess that will be a valuable lesson for me.