Originally Posted by sydness
I am not gifted and sometimes I have a hard time with her math. She sometimes laughs at me for not understanding how she got an answer. Sometimes I tell her something is wrong and when she explains it to me, I realize that I'm the one who was wrong. So, I can't homeschool. frown
I just want to say, doesn't necessarily follow. Teachers don't have to be always right; in fact, an important thing students have to learn is how to cope when they're sure of something the person teaching them doesn't get. (This happens to every good student at university level, if the university is doing its job, for example.) A better response than laughing is explaining really clearly; if your DD got good at this, it would stand her in very good stead. There are lots of sources of questions with correct answers, and there are ways for homeschoolers to get input from subject experts. If homeschooling was right for your family, you'd find a way.

FWIW I made a note the first time my DS was right about some maths when I was wrong. He was 4.5. I'm not homeschooling, but I yet may!

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail