-She would attend math with other 5th graders and be instructed and graded like any other 5th grader, without needing an altered curriculum.
-She will be motivated to learn because she will be given instruction every day that is new material and interesting.
-She will not be able to rush through her work carelessly and still get good grades.
-She will not play games with her work or try to hide or hint at things because she will be receiving appropriate instruction and acknowledgment of her abilities.
-She will have the opportunity to socialize with children who share her maturity and interests.
-She will be with more children who are her height.
-She will be less likely to hide her abilities to blend-in (although I don't think she is doing this now).
-She will develop into a leader, promoting healthy learning habits among her peers.
-If she is not challenged she will be distracted, unmotivated and possibly focus her attention on "other" things, that will result in lower grades and maybe even depression (I can see this happening now).

This is the list I gave in my initial email to the VP...plus the rest of the letter.

I will make that appointment with the VP and teacher soon...right now we are all preparing for IRENE! smile

I hate to be a complainer before school even starts!

On a side note. I brought DD6 to meet first grade teacher today. I poked around the classroom. Math seems appropriate for her, but there must have been hundreds of books for the kids to choose from and not one of them was a chapter book. But the teacher was super nice. I don't have the same worries for DD6 as she isn't ahead in EVERYTHING and she doesn't seem to be insulted when she is given work that she has already mastered. She seems to be more proud of herself for being able to do it so nicely. She is an August baby and with all the redshirting going on around here, is usually the youngest in the class.

School works great for her. I'm not a complainer...School just doesn't work for my older girl..ugh.

I am not gifted and sometimes I have a hard time with her math. She sometimes laughs at me for not understanding how she got an answer. Sometimes I tell her something is wrong and when she explains it to me, I realize that I'm the one who was wrong. So, I can't homeschool. frown....Husband is VERY pGifted, attending college at 14 with no pushing what-so-ever. So, I guess that's where DD9 gets her brains. I just wish there was somebody to take her seriously. I'm not equipped...I'm not equipped to teach her, but with the suport here, maybe I can advocate for her. Thanks for the comments.! smile