Tara,
If you just act calm, kind, and confident, with a little smile, and talk slowly, you won't be percieved as pushy even if you ask for the moon. And if you are percieved as pushy, in the service of doing what's right - that's not the end of the world...wouldn't you have wanted to be part of the pushiness when ((insert favorite time during your favorite liberation struggle here)) ? Some people have found that YSP paves the way when they name drop it, but my experience is thay YSP is great for planning, but I don't even refer to it when advocating, since it draws blank stares. The person on the other end wants to believe that YOU are confident and standing behind your decision. Lucky for you, once they spend time with your son, they will see it isn't you, it's HIM! Try to approach any professor you can to meet with your son, and they let them pull the strings.

In the meantime:
Here are some easy ways to Document that you child has completed a particular high school course -

1) go online and find your local school district's scope and sequence for the class, and item by item check when your child completes.
2) Sign Kiddo up for SATII subject tests. They are standardized tests that cover the various high school subjects that Colleges want to see. You local library should be stocked with 'review' books for the various tests, which can be used as outlines for the subjects.
3) Some classes, like Calculus, which are normally taken in High School are called 'AP' and there exists tests, and test prep books, and online classes to prepare for thoses.

Seems to me that if you child does really well on an SATII test, and an AP test, that no one is going to argue that he doesn't really know the material. Now I've never done this, and am just being logical here - which I've learned can be dangerous, so take this advice with a grain of salt.

There is an amazing website, http://learninfreedom.org/ run by a homeschooler who knows more about getting homeschooled kids into college that anyone I know. So my info is just the band-aid while you delve through this website. BTW - continue to ask your questions here, but also email anyone who has a website that looks interesting, and ask the questions you want answered.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com