Originally Posted by incogneato
Hi Tara,

When are you thinking your son might like to go to college? Perhaps this is a naive thought on my part, but could he take a community college course or two. It seems I've read in previous posts that some younger children had enjoyed doing this.
Again, I would imagine that most early-entrance colleges would look at SAT/ACT scores and take into consideration the your son could "cut it" as demonstrated by passing a few CC courses.

Just a thought,
Incog

Hey Neat,

Thanks for your note. I'm very open to the community college option, especially for the requirement courses. I'm hoping that is the route he can take, or that he would be able to find mentors/tutors locally who could do an individual class for him on an ala carte basis. At this point, I think the earliest he would start college courses would be 11 or 12. He would be ready for some subjects earlier than others.

Mostly, I wish I had other homeschooling parents to talk to about this sort of thing. All of our son's homeschooling friends are doing 2nd/3rd grade, and our state doesn't even require me to file his homeschool affadavit until the 2008-2009 school year. So starting to keep records for a high school transcript feels a little odd.

Tara