My kids have both hit the age where they are listening to the radio, including a lot of lyrics that I hate. My biggest misgivings have to do with the way in which women are referred to and the way in which women refer to themselves in modern music.

I laughed as I read several of the comments on this thread--I rented Grease for DD's birthday party last year (same age I was when it came out) and had a definite...."huh." moment. DH is a huge Jimmy Buffett fan and we would frequently include his music when we would burn CDs for car trips. Now that we are loading onto iPOD we are more likely to have whole albums. Wish I hadn't forgotten about the song "Why Don't We Get Drunk...." blush

Funniest experience we ever had with music: Johnny Cash's "A Boy Named Sue" which ends with a string of bleeps on our CD. The song was apparently written by Shel Silverstein. I checked out a Shel Silverstein CD from the children's section of the library a few years back for my daughter. Later that evening she came running out and said, "Mom! Now I know what all the bleeping was in a Boy Named Sue". No bleeping in the Shel Silverstein version.... Oops. crazy