The purpose of this part is to provide for school dropout prevention and reentry and to raise academic achievement levels by providing grants that

Grants provided, says so right there. How much and to who? The big money question. My school district isn't hurting for funds. My quest is to tie my child's unconventional learning needs to NCLB standards so they will feel more justified in making accomodations. Not so much so I can bring in a lawyer and crucify them. The principal is a good person. From their standpoint, though, they have to justify situations where they provide some things "extra" or "different" for the child.

I just got off the phone with the social worker regarding DD5 in K. She had observed her in class. Both teacher and Social worker find no issues.

We spoke at more length about specifics to DD and I did think she was listening. I asked her if she knew anything about overexcitabilities and to her credit she had admitted she had never heard about it. She said she would look into Dabrowski so we could have a better meeting with teacher and principal.

I look forward to a productive meeting next week.

Wish us luck

I