No, I didn't ask which test would be used. I'm not sure if we have a school psychologist. I probably should have been a bit more clear about the student counselor. Not only does he report to the school counselor, he's actually under the authority of the university's psychology department. It's my understanding that he is working at the school as part of his education towards his doctorate in psychology. The student counselor GS had last year graduated with his doctorate at the end of last year and went to a residential program for troubled youths as a psychologist.

At this time, I'm hoping this IQ test will give us some insight into GS & his abilities. My plan is for GS to take the Explore in January to get an idea of his achievement level. We're so blasted busy, and he's happy in school right now, I didn't see any push to do the Explore this year.

Another thing that held me back on doing the Explore this year are his test scores over that last 2 years. The counselor pulled out his results from the Terra Nova at grade level 2.1. At that time his math percentile was 67%, reading was his top score in the 80's. At grade level 3.1, his Ohio Achievement test in reading almost topped out. Since then he's gained another year in reading level, up to 6.5. His ITBS math score taken at 3.4 grade level put him at the 98 percentile. Like I told his teachers & the counselors, he just seems to have exploded this year and is learning a LOT. If this is the beginning of an upward trend in his achievement, I want to be prepared. If this was just a blip on the radar, that's OK too. But I'm figuring even an IQ test administered by a student counselor will give us an idea about which it is.

Last edited by OHGrandma; 03/06/08 10:25 AM.