Thank you all! I appreciate everyones input. I live in CA. I'm just now learning about all this giftedness. So much information to digest.

I'd love those links on homeschooling but his current psychologist is very against it. Hmm...

His IEP seems very cookie cutter. OT once a month, lots of positive reinforcement from teacher (doesn't happen from what DS says), sensory breaks throughout the day, if he is getting upset he can go to the resource room to calm down and he has a one on one aide who just started 2 weeks ago. They do not have a GATE program and they will not accelerate. Like I mentioned they want to put him in special ed at a different school. frown There are HG magnets here but their admission is based on a lottery.

I admit DS can be difficult but I really believe that he can change given the right tools and being in a more conducive environment. I tell ya though put him in a room of older kids and adults and he's a completely different person!

I'll have to do my research on homeschooling. I just feel bad for DS if we go down that route. He is very social. Loves being around a lot of people. Loves that they have PE at school. I suppose there are ways to supplement all those if I need to. I guess I wish this wasn't so challenging.

Again, thank you everyone for your support!