Don't let homeschooling scare you. Even if the AS/ADHD diagnoses are correct as well as the gifted ID, don't let it scare you. We have been homeschooling successfully for years with all of these in the mix, plus dysgraphia and other issues. It is so much easier than dealing with schools that don't get it that it isn't even funny. There are incredible resources out there, many of them FREE, and many others relatively cheap, that you can use to help your child learn at a pace and depth that won't being boring and frustrating. Most places have homeschooling groups, museum courses, and clubs that you can use to help your child find interest-based peers, which is likely to be a much better bet than trying to find real peers in an age-based classroom. I would be happy to send you links to resources, if you need them.

That said, an active, curious HG+ child bored to tears and frustrated and in a class with no intellectual peers can look an awful lot like ADHD and Asperger's to people who don't know any better, and an HG or PG kid with these disorders will exhibit much more extreme symptoms than he or she would in a more appropriate environment. In our experience, the first step is to get rid of the boring and frustrating environment and the lack of intellectual peers and see if the problem behaviors and the social difficulties go away. We are fairly certain we have accurate diagnoses with my DS, but even still, when he is in an engaging environment with intellectual peers, like the kids from the Duke TIP program, or the kids from our local summer Shakespeare group, he blends into the crowd to a much greater extent than he does when he is bored and frustrated. A boring, frustrating environment is bad for gifted kids, it is bad for ADHD kids, and it is bad for Asperger's kids. I can't really imagine that it would be good for very many kids at all.

I really hope that you find a solution that works for your family.