I have a meeting next week to discuss with the principal my dd5's placement in first grade (I hope).
I hope it's not just a nice chat about how they don't do that!

They are really cryptic, unnecessarily so, imo.
It seems like if they were just going to do this thing it could be done over the phone, but unfortunately, I guess they are going to give me the business.
(She finished K, and now is actually ready for first).

I am at a loss as to how to prepare for this, other than re-present the info I've already given them (mainly her wppsi test scores - 99%ile on both verbal and math). But I think they've also done a 5 minute assessment of her (5 minutes!!) and have a report from her K teacher.

Any ideas would be great -- should I go whole-hog and bring in writing and reading examples, drawings, anecdotes?
Boy am I tired of this.

One thing that has me on guard is the office admin who made the appointment for me said something like, "we have these test scores you sent, hmm, they're a year old"...
Why do people say stuff like that? Like I don't know my daughter could get different results the next day, even more likely next year? They're not a very subtle bunch over there...
If I didn't think the scores supported what I see everyday, I would not be pursuing this... as if I enjoy interfacing with this group of people so much I am making up stuff to come in and meet about. SHEESH.

Sorry-- venting.