SPG
thanks for sharing - I'm glad you babbled smile - it helps to see your DS to try to understand what is going on with mine.

The brain working differently is interesting -I have portrayed it as not everyone is good at everything right off the bat, sometimes you have to work at it, and he understands this in terms of working at writing which he had to do. But I don't think he gets it in terms of reading because from his perspective he has always known how, he doesn't really remember not. But he was talking about knowledge accumulation, and I think he was also saying he is interested in things that other kids aren't. This all just heightens my desire to get him with kids that are doing what he is doing - but I also think he is now exacerbating the differences between himself and these kids, possibly because everyone is going to different school - like your DS he plays with them but doesn't ask for playdates - I think he is done with this place. I also really want him to meet kids in his age range that do know more than he does - we went to a science thing on a weekend once and there was this 8 year old boy who knew everything which was great - but it was a one time thing.

My DS is not so interested in the misbehaving - because he is often the one getting in trouble - he knocks things down, sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose - the other kids tell on him a lot and he never tells about what they do to him, so its not helping either. He has some weird mannerisms, which when combined with his vocabulary seems to put the kids off.

The pre-k teacher at our meeting was so proud of DS - oh he is joining, and other kids ask to play with him, she feels like she has turned the caterpillar into the stage out of the cocoon but not quite butterfly because he is abandoning the books to play - not really believing this I asked DS if he had read all the books in the classroom - he said he had!!

There was absolutely no differentiation in this class - there is another who is reading and the parent believes the teachers do not even know! Up till this point DS had been very accommodating of the lack of differentiation, always saying he was learning new stuff - and about the reading I bet he was, we never did phonics or anytime like that - I think it was that they were doing a "science" topic this week, and he was so disappointed it was so easy for him and he knew all of it and the others didn't. I think he is so desperate for new inputs while there, he gets them at home - 3 more weeks!!

thanks! I guess I babbled too - I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found the people here - getting the BTDT really helps - although it also really worries me for the future - I hope this means that karma-wise i get it back on the college end, and all those choices are easy!

DeHe

DeHe