Originally Posted by st pauli girl
Just got me thinking that if he hadn't had such a breeze of it in kindergarten and the first half of second (before the transfer to his current school), he wouldn't even know that sitting in class daydreaming (his fave activity) was an option. Of course, this is surely also related to my little one's perfectionism and not liking to try new things unless he's sure he can do them, but I just wanted to share that I'm glad that we figured out a few things while he's still young.

SPG, awesome that you found a good fit - and I really agree with CollinsMum too!!

Question for you in the K period, what was DS's attitude about the other students? My
DS 5 has not really learned anything new in pre-k and the social part has fluctuated because of the differences in knowledge etc but it's been ok. But in the last few days, DS has made a few comments about the other kids, they don't know the hard stuff, they don't read etc, he really seems to be drawing a distinction between them. Did you see that when it was so easy for your DS. Mine spends a lot of time in his own head as well. The year is almost over and I am hopeful for a better placement next year, particularly in terms of really connecting as friends. He hadn't really mentioned being bored even though he must be, but I wondered if you noticed any social side effect in addition to the knowledge of how easy it was.

DeHe

Last edited by DeHe; 05/18/11 06:37 PM.