Thanks MidwestMom and herenow for replying so quickly! smile Great idea to get my hands on the high school textbooks....Duh, why didn't I think of that? (Lol) I'm sort of at a loss here, because I just don't know what the next "best" step for him should be. The kid clearly needs and wants more. I just don't have the knowledge base or lab (haha) to keep it going at home (I'm partial homeschooling him now) He has devoured all the Khan Academy and Hippocampus science videos, subscribes to about every science magazine possible and reads them like a sponge etc...etc...I found an old microbiology college textbook that he read and found absolutely fascinating, thrives on science museum outings etc...etc...He's taking a dissection class for gifted kids this summer, but it's only for a week. What's the poor kid going to do when the fall comes around? I honesly don't know what to do. I'm sick aout it. It would kill me to see a loss in his curiosity and enthusiasm. Ugh.................................. frown