Thank you so much for the responses.
The charter school is one of the first one's in the country, I'm not sure on the number of years - but I'd say awhile. The private school has also been around for a long time. I have researched reviews on both schools and I really can't find much - alittle more with the private school. i have tired contacting a parent of the gifted school for feedback but so far no response.

When I say my daughter is tired, she's just not one of these kids that runs around crazy. She's calm, very cautious. I did get blood work done because I thought something was wrong. I was told (but I'm not sold on this) that it was because she is constantly analysing that she wears herself out. She never naps, and hasn't done so since about a year old. I find after she eats or a change of pace (a new activity) then she's fine. She does do gymnastics and swimming and talks Mandarin lessons twice a week as well.

The private school has told me they operate as one solid unit. I talked about grade advancement even in a subject or two and they feel it woudl throw things off as she progresses through the grades in school. They basically told me they would give her extra work - but I'm assuming this would be irrelevant work. They are an aggressive academic school, for example physics, bio and chemistry in grade 7 and an addition 2 languages. They do say if a child doesn't get in at K and enters at a higher grade that they will be too far behind.

The gifted school has also told me that even though she is operating at a higher level they will not advance her. Even in grade 1, I believe the only class she can advance in is math.

Both have told me that regardless I will have to do projects or more with her at home - which I am prepared to do. I work from home, so if it means I'm working later at night so be it.

Right now I'm leaning towards the private school and then either correspondance course (which I think will be abit of a battle with my daughter) or on-line course (she loves computers so she would be more interested in this). Any experiences with either of these?

Thanks again!