Hi LumberJill,

It's hard to say based on just this information. But first of all, it's really wonderful that your school is being so open and accepting to a grade skip at all. It's hard for many!

I'm not familiar with the performance series testing, but I think a lot of GE information can be misleading. I believe the numbers represent what an average kid at that grade level would achieve, and average is not really where you want your kiddo to be. Does your school use MAP, by any chance? That type of testing really shows more what your child knows, so you can compare with the curriculum at the school what's being taught at which grade.

Also, when is your DD's birthday? Is she one of the older kids in her class? Just asking for how big the size differenc would be if she skipped 2 grades.

How is your DD at writing? There is a lot more writing going on, the higher the grade levels. How about sports? If you think she may be talented at any activities, you might not want to accelerate her so much. Similarly, accelerated kidscan sometimes be at a disadvantage in academic contests.

Have you checked out the curriculum in 2nd and 3rd? That will give you a better idea about what your DD is currently doing compared with what's going to be taught.

Hope this helps a little. Lots to think about.