Hello all...

My son was recently re-tested at our request. He also has ADHD and Anxiety. I don't currently have raw scores but I do have everything else. When we met with the school psychologist to review the scores, she never used the word "gifted" or "twice-exceptional" and I think my child's scores are a clear indicator of those "terms". Part of the reason I don't think those terms were used is that I live in a state where gifted education is not mandated/not funded and generally "not recognized". : ( These scores are similar to scores he had when he was tested in first grade. My questions are this:

1) It appears with my research that scores on the new WISC-IV seem to be lower than they were on previous versions of the WISC-III. Is this your experience? My son's were actually higher on this test.

2) If you are in a state that does mandate gifted education or at least recognize it, what would these scores entitle your student to? Would they qualify for a gifted program?

3) I'll look in the twice exceptional category, but what is your experience with test scores? Do kids who have ADHD who test tend to have deflated test scores, even if medicated for the ADHD? Could I assume my son's scores are potentially even higher?

4) Does anyone have the WISC-IV scoring chart that will allow me to convert his scaled scores back to raw scores so I can get a GAI?

Thanks for any insight and/or help!!

Scores:

Verbal Comprehension: 112, 79% High Average
Perceptual Reasoning: 137, 99%, Very Superior
Working Memory: 123, 94%, Superior
Processing Speed: 121, 92%, Superior
Full Scale: 130, 98%, Very Superior