At 8 yrs old, my grandson had vision difficuilty and writing was very difficult.He wrote in rivers and didn't space between the words,grasped the pencil incorectly and copyed boardwork incorectly. My eye doctor susgested I remove sugar, pop,artifical sweetners,and junk food from his diet. I should provide yougart, sea salt,vitiamin,fish oil vitiamin,foods rich in omega fats, ground flax seed, and susgested I look up leaky gut syndrome. He is hypersensitive and took asthma medication and had alot of ear infections where he took antibotics due to severe allergies. I read the book, Breaking The Mebotic Code. It describes how antibotics and medication affect asorbtion of nutrients, which affects brain and vision function acording to the Bio-psychology I read. I read parents can help their child with fine motor skills by letting them eat with chop sticks, he loved them. I purchased tracing paper and some cool monster pictures and he would trace them for hours. I asked him to think of letters as shapes he is using when he draws pictures. All these things helped his vision to improve. His eye doctor said with the high IQ scores he has, he woud have a narrow margin, which means he needs nuitrient dense food for his brain and eyes to function. He has dyslexia,disorder of written expression,scotopic sensitivity,hypersensitivity,struggles to read, write and spell ect... I found stress directly affected his accademic functioning. Stress burns up your B complex vitiams. His priamary care doctor told me to give him Carnation Instant Breakfast as a dietary supplement. I wondered if any of the issues I delt with might apply to your sisutation? I read the Gift of ADHD which listed alot of helpful information. Mel Levine's book, One Mind at a time also was a informative resource for parents that talks about thes types of learning issues. Developmental Eye Training isn't payed for by insurance program, I was told it wasn't recognized as a treatment that works. Perhaps it does work, but I didn't utilize it. He improved with time, and doing the things I mentioned. Wishing you the best!