It's my first post - so hello to everyone!

My son is 6 years old and was recently tested on the WISC IV. He got a 154 on the GAI (sum of scaled scores was 103), but that was with two sub-tests missing (coding and symbol search). The evaluator decided not to push him, as he was getting tired and resistant. We had brought him in to find out why he was having trouble paying attention in school, not necessarily to get an IQ score. He hit the ceiling on 3 sub-tests, and we found that he's in the 99.9th percentile overall, even with the two missing sub-tests at zero.

My question is this. According to things online, a score of 154 (or 160 if he had taken the other two tests, as I'm sure he would have gotten at least a 3 on each of the missing sub-tests) counts as profoundly gifted on the WISC IV.

Here is the link I'm referring to, saying that 152-160 is profoundly gifted on the WISC IV.

http://www.hoagiesgifted.org/highly_profoundly.htm

Is this correct, or am I just confused? If he scores this high, is he really profoundly gifted? Or does the test not really extend that far up into the higher ranges of giftedness?