Just a rave and rant from me...

My son skipped 3rd grade and is now in 6th grade. His teacher has been useless in providing subject acceleration or even differentiation for maths and spelling, which is written into his ILP. One thing also added was for him to be assessed with an above level achievement test so he could join a vocational school for 10th graders and above. This was supposed to have happened in the first semester. I found out that she did the test and received the results two months ago! I asked her today and she told me through gritted teeth he was in the 9th stanine for 9th grade. It's as though she doesn't want him to take up this program.

I'm so angry and want to cry. She's known his scores for so long and has still refused to give him harder maths. The school itself is very academic and usually very open to subject acceleration.

I've just really had enough. I don't know how much longer I can advocate; I feel like I'm meant to be grateful that he received one grade skip but I'm so upset that this teacher can just do whatever she likes and ignore his ILP. I feel like I want to file a formal complaint with the education department. It's not like it's that hard to differentiate-- he has his own laptop and maths program online.

Ironically, my younger son with the behavioral problems has had a great teacher who's let him read whatever he likes and do whatever maths level he wants. I've been focusing on YDS when I should have done more for ODS. So I feel guilty about that, too.

:'(