Thanks, Indigo.

No, I'm not in the US.

The school recently published in their newsletter how they're focusing on giving all children individualized maths programs and not holding any child back-- that all children can do advanced maths...

i'm finding it very difficult at the moment to not be emotional. I feel like if i have to talk to the school about this I'm going to wind up crying and screaming at them. I don't get why it has to be so hard; they've know for a long time that he is extremely advanced and he is the first child they've skipped in 40 years, so I don't know the teacher is being so difficult. His results weren't going to cause problems for her as we all know his IQ and achievement scores; this would have only benefited him doing harder maths in an outsider program.

It's so frustrating, and I'm dreading a new teacher for the next grade and having to go through all of this again.

And I've been advocating for over five years and I know all the information. The school and principal have been good, and they have received all my info and accept it; it's the individual teachers who have absolute freedom to run the class however they like. Each teacher has a different policy on differentiation, homework, and if giftedness even exists. No matter what I show them, in terms of articles and proof of gifted needs, they still get to decide if they believe it or not.

Last edited by Archie; 10/25/17 09:07 AM.