Originally Posted by Archie
giving all children individualized maths programs and not holding any child back-- that all children can do advanced maths...
Sometimes "all children" means specifically those children who may belong to demographic groups which have been previously under-represented in gifted education and/or advanced classes. For example, this may refer to: girls for advanced math, boys for advanced reading, those living in poverty or low SES (social-economic status) for any/all advanced coursework, those whose ethnicity may be in the minority, those whose native tongue is not the majority language, recent immigrants, refugees, indigenous peoples, those with a disability, etc. Equal outcomes is the goal, closing achievement gaps.

Originally Posted by Archie
I feel like if i have to talk to the school about this I'm going to wind up crying and screaming at them.
You may feel that way, but you also know that is a fruitless approach. Said another way, it is a bit like spitting into the wind... it will come back to you and/or your child.

Write down your advocacy plans, in a stepwise, logical, follow-the-laws-policies-and-agreements manner, and make it a WIN-WIN scenario for them to be compliant... not a WIN-LOSE.

I agree with howdy's suggestions... both the advocacy approach... and possibly requesting a new teacher.