There are book threads for various age ranges, but I'd like to start one for adults (and those of adult mental age). This year I have read a few biographies -- "Steve Jobs" by Isaacson, "Gates ..." (1994) by Manes and Andrews, and "Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist" (1995) by Lowenstein. The Jobs biography was great, and the Gates biography while good left me looking for a book to bring me up to date on Gates and Microsoft. My 10yo, who likes to program, read the Jobs book twice and some of the Gates biography.

Lowenstein's biography gives an insight into how Buffett thought about business and investments but also his thoughts on politics and philanthropy. There are interesting slices of Midwestern Americana, for example the story of Rose Blumkin. Lowenstein's "When Genius Failed: The Rise and Fall of Long-Term Capital Management" (2001) is also good. "The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life" (2009) by Alice Schroeder is a more recent and longer biography of Buffett that I may try next. Buffett is known for his essays on business and investing, which explain complicated topics to laymen, and I may read "Berkshire Hathaway Letters to Shareholders, 2013".