Greetings to all,

I really need some advice here.

I am a PG (iq of 170) 23 year-old college graduate who loves writing troubadour lyrics, reading, and researching vociferously in various topics. My interests include working out mathematics proofs, learning quantum mechanics, and studying medieval literature in the original language (namely old Occitan).

I always got extremely bored in grade school and college amidst the tedium and busy work. I love writing papers and coming up with new ideas-which definitely got me in trouble with multiple choice tests.

As an individual with a savant-like memory, I always have trouble on MC test questions for subjects such as neuroscience, government, or psychology because I always unwittingly argue for and against each response. I have miniature essays in the marginalia because of how much I know and scribble out for each MC response from a-d. My ability to recall tremendous amounts of information (ever since I can remember) impinges upon my ability to obtain a correct response; I am unsure of what the professor/teacher sought/seeks--two of the answers always seem correct. I don't even know what to do anymore.

I didn't do well on the English MC section of the GRE either because I over-thought every single question--even though I managed perfect scores on the written section. As such, I need to re-take the exam.

What in the world is wrong with me? Is this common for gifted individuals to have this much trouble taking MC tests in certain subjects? Does this happen to others as well?