I have had this problem in the past, although not to the extent you have--probably because I am much less gifted and so fewer alternatives present themselves in my mind, which I guess here might be an advantage wink And I think that is kind of the trick--getting a sense of what alternatives the test (author) is looking for, and it's easier if you have a way of getting in that mind-frame. Fortunately with the GRE there are probably a number of test prep books to choose from--and you wouldn't need these to master the material, of course, but rather to get a sense of what answers they want. Some test preps are better than others in how well they represent the test itself, so I think the best thing would be if you can get actual old tests with answers and try to figure out the pattern. I did this with the LSAT and the bar exam and it really helped, although I still had a number of questions that came down to 2 good alternatives, but if you can cut that number of questions down you might do well enough. Good luck!