Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 106 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
    My dds are 9 and 11. My younger plays with animals- she has tons of plastic animals that she has collected over the years. She builds elaborate zoos and parks, etc, in her room using blocks, legos, dominoes. Sometimes it is hard to find her bed!

My 11 year old loves books about the human body and models of the human body. Other than that she likes to draw, design, paint and read read read. She is also into sports...basketball, softball, soccer, etc.

M
    M
    I haven't read all the posts, but have seen some creative ideas, and thought I'd add a couple things DC have enjoyed.

When DSs were younger, I would occasionally buy a box of individual aluminum foil sheets at a big box store, and the boys would be in heaven for days. They made everything you could possibly think of with foil and/or masking tape. The only problems were 1) that there were foil "inventions" all over the house, 2)they didn't want to get rid of any of them, and 3) sometimes they wrapped things up in foil (like little toys or money) so I felt the need to unwrap everything before I disposed of it. One of the best gifts DSs ever received was a wooden masking tape holder that holds 8'ish rolls, and each is a different color. It's still something at ages 7 and 9 that gets used at least weekly.

DS7 also got a lap-loom for Christmas and really enjoys using it when he has some time.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM