Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 173 guests, and 38 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #86076 09/27/10 07:04 PM
    M
    matmum Offline OP
    OP Offline
    M
    Hi,

Well DD18 has now been at university for 9 months and I can honestly say it is the happiest I have seen her in I don't know how long. The uni she attends has a very large teaching hospital attached to it so her medical issues are being well attended to which is such a relief to me. She has become actively involved in politics and decided to run for the position of welfare officer on the Student Representative Council and was successful, YAY! The most pleasing thing for me is to see that after a semester of being away from home she is finally starting to believe in her abilities, her confidence and belief in herself is amazing compared to this time last year. She has made many wonderful friends and no doubt this has helped, coupled with the fact that she is now achieving Distinctions and High Distinctions. My only fear is she will not maintain remission for the length of her study.

DS is now 17 and has his drivers licence. This has allowed him to go to the university for face to face lectures and he is absolutely loving it. He is now down to two school subjects and will increase his uni units accordingly next year, including a language. He has decided to take German 101 so that will be a nice change from maths, maths and more maths, LOL. One of his lecturers recommended him for a couple of tutoring jobs so he is looking forward to earning some money as well. Can't say I'm unhappy about it either! Haha.

So all in all things are going very well at our end and I hope reading this may give some hope to others that there is light at the end of the schooling journey.

Take care, smile
    matmum

Thanks for sharing with us matmum. As I was reading through this I kept thinking what a great story to share and especially for those of us on the beginning or middle of this journey. You really are giving hope!

J
    J
    Matmum,
    Thanks for sharing! That is great news! smile

Wonderful! Good for them, and you smile

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/22/24 08:50 AM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM