I just want to clarify about Matrix Reasoning. I don't think it's accurate to call it a visual-spatial test. Rather, it's a test of abstract reasoning; specifically of figuring out patterns. In this subtest, a child is presented with a pattern of visual designs and must logically complete this pattern by selecting the correct answer from among five answer choices. The patterns get progressively harder. I also believe that it's supposed to be administered in a completely untimed manner; that is the child can take as much time as she needs for each question before she calls out her answer choice for each question.

(However, when I took the adult Wechsler IQ test a few years ago, although Matrix Reasoning was supposed to be administered in an untimed manner, my tester pretty much followed the recommended guidelines for the time and forced me to pick some answer or move on if I needed more time than these guidelines. I feel I could've done much better on this particular subtest with unlimited time.)