Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 203 guests, and 15 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    A
    Azuil Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Well good news my DD almost 5 got in the 99th percentile for reading, 97th for math and due to maturity (or lack thereof right now) the tester said her verbal and nonverbal scores came in at 88th and 90th percentiles. The tester said my DD will improve very quickly once more focus is established. She wants to talk about what she wants to talk about and not really what someone else wants to talk about. I'm not even worried about those scores improving...I have some info. I can take to Kindergarten in hopes to provide her a higher academic type environment with hopefully more mature children. I just want her to have more kids to relate to.

I have seen her rise to the occasion with older, more mature children. She has too many younger or kids her age that are really immature around her and this drives her behavior into the tank. It's frustrating to see and experience. Thankfully I have a friend with children who are gifted though they are much older, however Grace really does very well with them and they enjoy her so we're going to make sure they spend more time together.

O
    O
    My suggestion...get out there and see all the options in your area for schooling. (Maybe you already know enough from your friend.)

I was very unaware of "Gifted" when we came to our current school. I thought we are fine they have a gifted program.

A
    Azuil Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Thank you, I have looked into it and our district I'm told has a fantastic gifted program so I'm hoping to go into the school armed with some info. to help in getting her needs met both socially and emotionally. I wish this kind of information had been available when I was a kid...I think it would've made things better for me.

O
    O
    That's wonderful. Best of luck.

What a relief!
    Sometimes strong-minded kids don't even show a tiny portion of what they can do.

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM