Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    1 members (Eagle Mum), 91 guests, and 59 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    jkeller, Alex Hoxdson, JPH, Alex011, Scotmicky12
    11,444 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #74713 04/24/10 06:04 AM
    T
    OP Offline
    T
    The director at my daughter's preschool said I should start creating a portfolio of my DD's work and I was wondering what to include in it. She is three going on four soon.

Her drawing and sculpting is quite talented so I am including many of her pictures, and was also thinking of including a disk with videos of her reading at two, singing songs she made up, stories she dictated to me, etc. I am also going to include testing scores. Would you include worksheets she did for fun showing work at the first grade level? Her math sense is strong too but I really don't have anything more to show for that than the test. We don't do them very often but once in awhile print something offline to pass the time. Any other suggestions? I don't even know what we will use it for yet, but I am trying to keep her things organized. Thanks!

That all sounds really good.
    You could talk to her a bit about infinity,or fractions, and if she seems taken with the concept, video record that some of her ideas about it. Those are conceptual sorts of Math that most people would be suprised to hear a 3 year old talking about.

You could ask her some philosophical questions, where we came from and is it ok to do wrong for a greater good, and how do you know if it's ok, and video that.

Also video her talking about one of her sculptures and talking about how she made them and what they mean to her.

I think that this is a great idea. Enjoy.
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    O
    O
    TwinkleToes- Here's my would a, could a, should a,

My DD now 7 use to make up beautiful songs that I never video taped or recorded. I wish I had done that.

How easy it would be with cell phones they have now to capture this and then write them into a book for her. Then if she wanted make drawing to go along with her songs.

My daughter still likes to make up stories but I wish I would of encouraged it more. We will do summer journals so maybe we can get some stories saved there.

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/22/24 08:50 AM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    Classroom support for advanced reader
    by Xtydell - 05/15/24 02:28 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...