How did she says this? In a sort of understanding tone, like she was trying to commiserate with you and show you she knew where you were coming from, or did she say it in a haughty tone like she was informing you of something? I wondered if maybe she was trying to say something like "disability masks giftedness" which I think can definitely be true. My 2e's visual disability definitely masks his giftedness in some ways but it definitely doesn't "cancel out" or take it away.

If she was being haughty then I'm with incog and I'd get a new teacher. If she was just trying to look for something to say to convey she knew where you were coming from (not that she could - but maybe she was trying) then I'd take more of an educational approach with her. Sometimes I'm sure I say totally stupid things without meaning them to be disrespectful or hurtful. That is why I try to give people the benefit of the doubt until I just can't anymore. So I guess it depends on how it was said and how you think she meant it.