Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 288 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    JenSMP Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Since my son has been diagnosed with ADHD (and even before the official diagnosis), I have been reading everything I can find on the topic, and I've learned so much about myself! It really explains a lot. I know where he got his ADHD! I'm wondering if his doctor can prescribe something for me too! Anyone else have an "aha moment" when they learned their child was gifted and/or had ADHD?

I always joked that I probably have ADHD. Now I feel sure I REALLY have ADHD! It explains so much about my childhood and how I function today.

A
    A
    I am pretty convinced I have Aspegers. My oldest has Aspegers and I see my dad and my brother as having the same symptoms. I think my son counts as mild, and you would not be able to tell just from speaking with him. I don't think I would ever have gotten diagnosed, since I have learned that the female version is different from the male.

Either way, as I watch them training him with sensory labs and such, I feel slightly jealous. No one helped me learn how to deal with my sensory issues, and I mostly learned to avoid those situations. Still, it is good to know that he will grow up coping better.

J
    J
    Me! My DS hasn't been diagnosed with ADHD, but I have. He has slight issues that could be related to ADHD, so I'm keeping my eyes opened.

T
    T
    Anyone else have an "aha moment" when they learned their child was gifted and/or had ADHD?

Yes to the ADHD! I suspect it on my husband's side of the family as well, though none of his relatives have been diagnosed. I'm firmly convinced it's hereditary.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM