Hi everyone,

I'm the coach of a FIRST LEGO League (FLL) team based in West LA. Our kids had a very exciting and successful 2009 season.

We are soon starting our 2010 Lego robotics classes for new kids aged 9 to 14. We cover all aspects of the FLL Values, and develop skills with Lego Mindstorms through fun projects and challenges. Kids will learn about basic mechanical design principles, levers and gears, locomotion and steering, and Mindstorms NXT programming. Participants will have an opportunity to compete in the FLL season this fall.

If you're not familiar with FLL, it's an international activity (over 100,000 kids worldwide) where teams compete in robot design and a research project based on an annual theme. There's an excellent discussion thread here in this forum, under Recommended Resources � Lego Mindstorms/ FLL/ Lego Engineering.

Here's the official FLL website:
http://usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/fll/default.aspx?id=970

There's also a fun video at:

Our classes have no fee or commitment, and owning the Lego Mindstorms kit is not required - but they soon start asking for it!

I would be happy to answer any questions if you contact me directly by PM or at Westside-FLL@earthlink.net