I feel compelled to share some thoughts on games in our home.

Unfortunitly, I just can't remember all the game rules but my DS9 & DD kids can. It make me feel a little bad because they don't want to wait for me to figure it out again and just want to get to playing. We just need to work on my having time to review so they are not waiting for me. I guess I'm good practice for dealing with others. My DH doesn't alway have the ambition/patience to try learn the new rules, so they need to stick with dealing with me. It's a balancing act with the games keeping enough variety, and having some that are easy for a playmates to want to learn quickly. I've found some games that are different but then I become dissappointed when I realize they will not be a good match for kids that come over due to being too time consuming to learn or too difficult. That's ok they can save those games for me. I do think I'm being a good example of showing it's good to learn something new even if it's a challenge.

I get 1 or 2 new games each Christmas for each child and sometimes pick up some at garage sales in the summer. It seems like they do need some new ones coming to keep interest in playing.

It's also challenging to try and play with both kids. The competions is fustrating at times. Sometimes I team up with my DD by letting her roll the die on my turns and that helps. I'm finding the wii to be good for my kids to play games together.