Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 255 guests, and 23 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2
    N
    OP Offline
    N
    It was a hit at our house! DS7 played with it for two days straight before wearing out on it for what I'm sure will only be a short while. I'd have to rate it a success, despite the fact that FingerHut ripped us off and sold us the SnapCircuits Jr. under the advertisement of SnapCircuits 300 and then took them off their website so we can't prove it. Note to self: don't shop at FingerHut anymore. Second note to self: buy more SnapCircuit kits for whatever holiday is next!

C
    C
    DS5 (and DH) really enjoyed them. They spent a large portion of Christmas Day playing with them. I actually have to return a set to Amazon though (I umm ordered 2 for some reason, lol).

I can see them lasting us a long time before we need to upgrade from the SC300 to SC500. I'm very glad we went with the 300 and would be extremely angry if I had received the Jr set when expecting something else. Definitely won't buy from FingerHut based on your experience.

I let GS10 open them the day before Christmas so he wouldn't pester me while I worked from home. Hah! He kept showing me all the projects he was building! I got him the 'Green' set. He built a fan powered by the hand crank and was walking around fanning himself!

His Tin Whistle became his favorite when he opened it on Christmas. He hasn't played his Fife much, it's not really an indoor instrument!

R
    rdrsquared guy
    Unregistered
    rdrsquared guy
    Unregistered
    R
    We bought DS5 the snap circuit rover (rc car) and I am anxiously waiting to see how he likes it. Unfortunately we are visiting family and my idea to let all the cousins help my son with his lego creator set ended in disaster, I have found pieces in 3 rooms so far, so I am going to wait until we return home to let him work on this. He loved the jr set so I am sure things will go well

X
    X
    It was a huge success. Dh even commented that it was the perfect gift for ds7.

T
    T
    Both my kids (10 and 7) got sets and enjoyed them thoroughly--however, DD10 started "free forming" too early and burnt out her space wars thingamajig. Good thing they have replacement parts!

T
    T
    Both my kids (10 and 7) got sets and enjoyed them thoroughly--however, DD10 started "free forming" too early and burnt out her space wars thingamajig. Good thing they have replacement parts!

N
    OP Offline
    N
    Wow, I didn't know you could burn things out...have to watch out for that here!

C
    C
    I would recommend getting a good plastic tub and lid to store them in. DD loved hers so much last year but the box didn't prove to be a good storage container and they are scattered all arround her room and unusable at present...

Warning: sleep deprived
    C
    C
    Thanks for that recommendation. I don't see our box surviving long term either so I guess I'll hunt up a good container for them smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM