Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 106 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #64523 12/20/09 03:21 PM
    OP Offline
    Santa came to DS4's holiday party at pre-school. According to his teacher (who couldn't stop laughing when telling me the story) DS began making comments about the Santa as soon as he entered the room. He commented on his clothing, voice and the fact that he had met him before without the costume.

Turns out the santa was a firefighter who came to do a fire safety class in September! DS somehow figured it out and finally his teacher distracted him with cookies so the other children wouldn't get upset. At 4, he is already questioning if there is a real Santa and why someone would dress up for his class!

Jen

M
    M
    LOL laugh

I had a similar situation with my DS when he was 3.5 at preschool. When santa paid a visit he sat at the back of the group frowning. The teacher asked why he was doing this, didn't he believe in santa? He grunted and said in an offended tone "Of course not. Everyone knows reindeer can't fly!" whistle

OP Offline
    How cute matmum! These kids can somehow come to their own conclusions about Santa and many other things!

O
    O
    A few years back my DS figured out the Easter bunny. We went to the mall for easter bunny picture with the kids. DS said he knows the easter bunny is really a man in a costume. It was funny because he believed in the easter bunny still but just not the real bunny part.

I think it is very strange that my HG DS9 still believes in santa. He is so smart. I'm not really sure why he believes this still. I guess he just wants it to be real.

Last edited by onthegomom; 12/21/09 07:55 PM.
    O
    oli Offline
    O
    This is the first year DD 2.5 is getting really into Santa. We were in NYC during the weekend and saw few Santas there. Most of them were not "real Santas" according to DD. In her mind the real one was in Macy's Santaland and she said the others are "playing Santa". It did not bother her at all as she likes to pretend play too.

oli #64636 12/22/09 09:51 AM
    When asked about Santa, DS6 stated very simply "I choose to believe."

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    S
    S
    LOL, I don't think DS5 ever really bought into the whole santa thing. He has never been too interested in it and has told me that it doesn't make sense to him. He is such a logical kid and very confused about how Santa can go all those places and such a short amount of time. He talked to me about time zones last night but then told me that he read in a book somewhere that Santa's sled stops time and thought that made more sense. He also said last night to me "mom I have a million questions about santa and all of them start with 'how?'" After hearing about how some kids put out food for santa he got excited and decided that was a foolproof plan to see if santa exists, LOL. He did write a letter to Santa this year and since he wasn't so sure about him he only asked for one thing (snap circuits 300) and then said that we could get him all the other stuff since Santa has so many other kids to get stuff for : )

T
    T
    I really love the Santa stories.

I really don't think my sons believe in Santa, but they wont say a word. I remember as a kid, I didn't want to tell my mom that I didn't believe, I was afraid I wouldn't get as many gifts. LOL

I didn't want to lose those extra gifts sent by Santa. grin

N
    N
    DS7 was really on the fence this year with Santa. He kept telling me all the reasons that Santa isn't real, including the fact that Santa's handwriting is the same as the cursive letters I wrote for him a couple months ago when he wanted to learn cursive--darn photographic memory on this kid anyway! Yet in the end, he wrote letters to Santa for himself and his sister a couple days before Christmas, and he still got just as excited watching Santa travel the world on NoradSanta.org. I think he was just hedging his bets. smile

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent