Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 141 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    S
    S
    Originally Posted by OHGrandma
    I think I'll be getting GS10 a fife & a penny whistle. He is really enjoying his flute but takes some grief from other 10 year old boys about playing a 'girly' instrument. He's interested in Civil War history, and would like to get involved in reenactments. So I thought a fife would give him something to do in reenactments, it would be something to branch out with playing musical instruments, and it might seem more 'cool' to other 10/11 year old boys.

May I suggest showing him this clip of Matt Malloy playing the Mason's Apron Reel at blinding speed:

He's playing a wooden flute and it's pretty amazing. smile

Originally Posted by amazedmom
    for DD 2.8-

lots of puzzles- 48 piece ones, some more books about space and dinoaurs, a compass, a leappad and a bunch of books and cartridges or it off ebay, a toy electric violin, a zylophone, a guitar, and a keyboard- can you tel she loves music LOL. She is also asking for dino fossils, still looking for that...and she is getting gator golf and a puzzle of the USA that talks.

I wish I could meet this wonderful child! I love reading your posts about her. She sounds like she is really something! I love it that she's asking for fossils, and she's not even 3!

I
    internet2010
    Unregistered
    internet2010
    Unregistered
    I
    This is a great homemade gift idea for those who love gardening like my mom. But my sister prefers gadgets, so I got her the newest model of Apple iPod classic 160 GB Black (7th Generation) . I hope she will like it.

http://www.christmaspresentideas2009.com

#63636 12/10/09 05:33 PM
    Love the binary clock ideal, I'm going to get that one! DD's 5 & 6 are into experiments big time, so sceince & chemisty sets. They have been begging for American Girl dolls for a couple of years so I broke down and got those, with DD6 it had to be one that was retired and a collectable (had to resort to e-bay for that one) DD5 has always been into puzzles but this year she really wants a K'NEX Loopin' Lightning Coaster, haven't read up on that one yet, but it looks like fun. smile

Our son is getting Lego Mindstorms, which he has asked for for 3 years and I finally feel confident he can do (he is just 8, but a building fiend). Our DS is getting a fairy house I built.

One suggestion for games is Blokus. This is a game you can play with your kids and everyone will really enjoy it - but it is challenging. My son can beat me even when I am trying my hardest, and even my DD who is 4 can play and have fun.

oops, make that our DD (age 4) is getting a fairy house (although I suspect our son will play with it too) smile

O
    O
    Has anyone tried the Blokus 3D? I was wondering if that was good? or just a gimick added?

I bought the binary clock for my dad, sister, and brother-in-law, who are all engineers, and they loved it! It's quite the conversation piece. I could see that a mathy kid would get a big kick out of it! Personally, I never quite got the binary system, much to their chagrin... smile

She thought she could, so she did.
    O
    O
    My DS9 is getting a Slot Car Race Track. I think this is great for his thinking and socially. It's so fun.

My DD6 is getting a big Barbie House. It comes with interchangable walls to redecorate and a stick on Christmas Tree for the holidays. (I wish my house redecorating was so easy)This present is also for me becuse I would like all of that barbie stuff off the floor.

We are also getting a Wii.

Onthegomom,

I am wondering the same thing about Blokus 3D - I am still considering it for my son's b-day (which is only 2 weeks after X-mas).

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM