Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 136 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Welcome Tofu!

Reading your post I have to ask about your older child. You mentioned some problems that led to homeschooling and I have to wonder if the problems are tied to him being gifted as well. It isn't absolute but there is evidence suggesting that siblings IQs are usually about 10 pts apart. You might not have picked up on your older sons traits like your younger one since the younger son is clearly showing his abilities. Some gifted children have other issues which is classified as 2E (Twice Exceptional) and your older son might very well be one of those kids. Again ... I don't know what you have experienced but it is definitely worth considering, because a lot of gifted kids are misdiagnosed with ADHD when they really have something under SI. (just an example)

tofu Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Thanks again, everybody!! I have ordered the book and am anxiously awaiting its delivery.

Katelyn'sMom: My eldest son is biologically mine, but not my husbands, so I'm thinking he could just be completely different.

The more I look into this, my younger two, who are biologically my husbands, are both displaying signs of being very gifted. My husband was/is also gifted, he was tested but we don't know his scores, we do know that he was invited to join Mensa, when he was very young. I was a good student, but I don't know if I was gifted, as I was never tested, same for my eldest sons biological father. The pediatrician suggested we have my eldest tested when he was 6 because I had mentioned that he was struggling at school. We were referred to a psychologist, he was diagnosed with ADHD inattentive type and fell into the high-average IQ range.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM