Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 391 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    OP Offline
    I was wondering if anyone had experience with the IB program ? I've taught the middle years and diploma parts of the program and think it would be a great fit for gt kids, but I don't know anyone with gt kids who have had them go through this program.
    I am especially interested in your thoughts about the primary years program. We're probably relocating this year and DD6 would have an opportunity to go to an IB school.

FYI. If you want to know more about the program and it's specifics check out their webpage: IBO

Last edited by Kerry; 05/09/09 05:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    I
    I
    I teach the PYP in a Colorado school. It's an incredible program for ALL learners. We teach the Learner Profiles of being KNOWLEDGABLE and THINKERS. That said, my class just took their NWEA MAPS tests in Reading and Math - and I'm pleased to say over half of my class would be in the RIT value range of 'gifted'. No, I don't have an exceptionally talented class - I have a hoard of enthusiastic learners who can problem solve.

OP Offline
    We are in Colorado too. What school are you at?

Originally Posted by I Teach
    I teach the PYP in a Colorado school. It's an incredible program for ALL learners. We teach the Learner Profiles of being KNOWLEDGABLE and THINKERS. That said, my class just took their NWEA MAPS tests in Reading and Math - and I'm pleased to say over half of my class would be in the RIT value range of 'gifted'. No, I don't have an exceptionally talented class - I have a hoard of enthusiastic learners who can problem solve.

At this point, I'll enthusiastically take enthusiastic. Is there a possibility of taking PYP online (or at least a few courses).

P.S. I am in Lamar also.

J
    J
    My DS15 has been taking mostly preIB and IB courses this past year. He seems to enjoy these classes and it also allows him to take both AP and IB exams at the end of the year to get dual recognition (it doesn't double the credit).

We were thinking about pre-enrolling in university courses when he started high school however, the IB classes seem to satisfy him accademically while he enjoys his high school years with his friends.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Testing with accommodations