Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 106 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2
    seablue Offline OP
    OP Offline
    I seem to recall reading a thread here about kids who could recount the events of their birth or other early-ish events.

Two nights ago, DD 28 told me the story of her birth. DH and I are pretty sure she is piecing it together from stories we may have told her, or in her presence, but she did include a few details that make me wonder.

F
    F
    I sure hope she does'nt remember blush

I remember seeing lady on TV a few months who could remember every single day of life. She even has memories in the womb and of being born and could recall what color cloths the DR and nurses were wearing. It was very interesting

O
    O
    What a trip...is it really a good thing? My daughter, 38 months, remembers things from when she was 12 months??? Of course she'll point to something hid in the attic and remember it was hers, or I'll bring her baby clothes down for her sister to wear (without her knowing it) have them mixed with other clothes and she'll know exactly the ones that were hers....come to think of it there are NO pictures of her in those clothes either..HMMMM. Just a thought.

Melissa Hughes
    A
    A
    My DD self weaned at 4 months. I maybe pumped two times. When I had my 2nd DD 3 years later I took out my pump from storage and left it in the bag in my closet. My DD took it out of the bag, walked over to me and lifted up my shirt and pretended to use it. Without hesitation. She clearly knew what it was for. How the heck did she remember that?

B
    B
    I remember stuff from, for sure, under 1 year old. My Dad could too. I have no idea what Ds can remember that will be interesting to find out when he is older.

seablue Offline OP
    OP Offline
    DD does have a scary memory, but birth? Hmmm. All very interesting stories!

I guess I was wondering if all children have strong memories like that and the combination of memory plus an ability to talk early allows us to know what's in our DD's brain.

M
    M
    I don't know if this counts, but as a kid I had very vivid dreams where I could breath underwater. I had the same dream a few times a week until I was 10 or 11. I was swimming in a pool of water, it was very warm and comfortable, and I could move around and breath in the water. Sometimes I dreamed that I couldn't see, other times, I could see but that everything was kind of blurry. It was just a really pleasant dream, but I remember worrying that I would get into a swimming pool and forget that I couldn't *really* breath, lol.

I always just assumed that I was somehow remembering what it was like before I was born. But, I suppose it could also have been a subconscious desire to be a fish, lol.

Mr W has remembered everyone he has met.

We talked to a neighbor he met when he was 3 mos old this weekend. He crawled right up in her lap and sat there.

L
    L
    My dd6 spoke early and at 1 yr old told us what is what like to be in the womb. She explained it as dark and squishy - my dh and I have been a little freaked out by her ever since :-) I think it mostly had to do with how well she could communicate and I wonder if most kids remember but just don't have the words.

J
    J
    DS5 will say "like when I was in your belly" a lot, but I'm not sure if it's because he remembers or if it's because he knows more than he should (for his age) about what happens with babies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM