Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 117 guests, and 18 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    marieg Offline OP
    OP Offline
    I sent the requirements for the tester (our school psychologist) to fill out the "full, complete report" as specified in the instructions. He was a little concerned about just how "full and complete" it needed to be (I'm guessing page length). I know he is SWAMPED with end of the year stuff and told him this wasn't needed ASAP but I did want an idea for when he could do it. I know he has all the scores from the tests, and am wondering how long does the tester report need to be (this would be for the WISC-IV test he administered)?

Q
    Q
    You should contact DYS and ask them. Reports vary, but they will tell you what they require.

I know that our SB-5 report was 6-7 pages long but it not only included scores but the exaplantion of the scores as well. There was also observations from during the test and my tester even had documented DS6's early milestones to give a full picture of his abilities. We paid for a full, private assessment. The WJ-III report was another 4-5 pages.

I think that since this is from the school it may not need to be as lengthy. Your best bet is to probably call the DYS application coordinator and ask.

Crisc
    Marieg,
    Sounds to me like contacting YSP is the best way to go, but still I couldn't resist speculating. I think what they are talking about is that they will want all the subtest scores (the ones to go up to 19) and that they will actually want the raw score for any subtest that is a 18 or 19 so that they can calculate the extended norms.

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    N
    N
    Hmm...I hope our tester's report page is good enough. It's just a couple of paragraphs that she attached to the report, summarizing the results by category. Ours was done by the school psychologist. It bothers me that she does not use capital letters. LOL!

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent