Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 141 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
    Kriston #20093 07/14/08 09:40 AM
    E
    E
    Very nice! Please post things that work... I'm starting to tear out my hair again smile

elh0706 #20096 07/14/08 09:50 AM
    That plan sounds great. I'm grateful for the medication(DH has ADD), but I love that they are coming in from that angle. Research and personal experience lends me to believe it is possible to "re-train" the brain, to some extent.

Good luck, looking forward to hearning good things......

incogneato #43083 03/28/09 06:45 PM
    J
    OP Offline
    J
    The whole research study was quite interesting because I wanted to know if my son was able to quickly modify his own behavior when dealing with ADHD issues. There were other students participating from the area as well as other states who were also gifted/ADHD... I think one may have been dyslexic.

My son tells me he enjoyed the strategies and he seemed eagar to try them when school started. I can't really tell if these exercises or strategies are working for him... he tells me he uses them occassionally. His teenage hormones seems to be causing an influx of issues this year.

If I was to determine what made the most significant change in producing more consistent grades... it would be medication. He tells me he was able to concentrate much more effectively instead of having various sounds and thoughts going on at the same time. Another problem I think we all are dealing with is overexcitabilities... with the combination of hormones and emotional maturity evolving.... I'll just say I am so glad I am not a teenager anymore.

Research and personal experience lends me to believe it is possible to "re-train" the brain, to some extent.

I also believe we can "re-train" our brains. I've been reading a few brain research studies where modifying behavior was compared with brain scans and I'm amazed at the differences these studies are showing.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM