Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 304 guests, and 20 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    S
    OP Offline
    S
    Just curious what other kids watch. My DS4 is not a huge TV kid...he prefers computers. But he does like to just sit and watch a few shows. He likes to watch wheel of fortune, jeopardy, and that homework help line show on public access..LOL. He watches a few cartoons sometimes (superwhy, martha speaks, magic schoolbus, curious george). I would like to find some things for him to watch that are interesting, but still appropriate for an almost 5yo. Not sure what all is out there. And he is also never watched a movie. The longest he has watched is 30 minutes before he gets bored.

What do other kids watch?

Word Girl is a personal favorite of mine. Very clever!

Kriston
    In our house Bakugan is King! That's about the only cartoon. DS loves deal or no deal as well. He learned how to do averages and he races the banker to figure out the offer.

He actually wrote a letter to Howie Mandel to offer his services as fill in host if Howie ever needed a vacation!

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    T
    Tiz Offline
    T
    Have you tried documentaries (wildlife etc.)?

My two boys (DS6 and DS4) don't seem to like TV much, they will settle down and watch Disney movies and documentaries and the odd cartoon. They prefer their Nintendo DS's and the Wii!

Mr W really likes Hannah Montana. I don't know why a 14 month old boy is glued to that program, but he is. He'll watch the whole thing.

He used to be fascinated by Handy Manny since 3 months but at 10 mos, he lost interest. Sesame Street and wildlife shows hold his interest now. He'll watch dancing with the stars with DW and he likes musicals. He watched just about all of Wizard of Oz at 9 mos.

DS is a little older (so I wouldn't recommend his favorites to a 4 year old!! LOL) but when he was about that age, Peep and the Big Wide World was a big favorite. It looks like it's on Discovery Kids these days.... I think it used to be part of the TLC morning lineup. We actually ended up buying it on DVD because he liked it so well.

Erica
    Originally Posted by Austin
    He watched just about all of Wizard of Oz at 9 mos.

Be careful with "Wizard of Oz." Both my kids were TERRIFIED by it. The witch was too scary. They never even made it to the flying monkeys! DS4--my sensitive one--is still too scared to watch it!

Kriston
    D
    D
    When they were little, they LOVED �The Magic School Bus�. They also enjoyed animal documentaries.

Now, at 12 and 14, they like �House�, �The Office�, �24�, �Man Versus the Wild� and pretty much any documentary.

For movies, they like anything �Monty Python�.

M
    M
    My DS4 and I are reading the Wizard of Oz now and plan to watch the movie afterwards. We'll see how far he gets.

This book is fun: The Best Old Movies for Families: A Guide to Watching Together by Ty Burr

The book is a little easier on sensitive kids than the movie, I think. That witch laugh just makes DS4 cry! frown

Kriston
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...