Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 286 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    jkeller, Alex Hoxdson, JPH, Alex011, Scotmicky12
    11,444 Registered Users
    June
    S M T W T F S
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    23 24 25 26 27 28 29
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    We were told at the beginning of this school year by DD6's kindergarten teacher that many of her classmates didn't get her humor. I asked DD about it and her reply was "yeah, I know they don't get it but Mrs. H. (teacher) does."

My 13 month old already has a great sense of humor and can get us laughing everytime. Of course this is all with body language, as her verbal skills are not to the understandable stage yet.

J
    J
    I love that DS5 has the SAME sense of humor as I do... at least someone gets my jokes! wink

S
    S-T Offline
    S
    I agree with the connection. DS's favorite first books were Amelia Bedelia.

T
    T
    Sense of humor or wittyness does seem a common trait among the gifted. We often say 2 negatives make a positive w/regard to our jokester DS6 since my husband and I are serious.

Yes, I have two little comedians over here, so they keep me on my toes and make me laugh too. Life is a blessing! smile

DS7 made up some joke today with a punchline about Crystal Pepsi.

I mostly laughed because it was so COMPLETELY RANDOM! I have no idea where this one came from!

He wanted to go to DS4's pre-K and tell all the adults there. Happily, I think he forgot by the time we got there.

Lucky adults!

LOL!

Weird!

Kriston
    Tracey LOL!

Kriston, very funny! Where does he get this stuff? grin

I want to hear the joke!! smile
    Ds' latest round of jokes has come in the form of doing 'exactly' what he is asked...exactly.

LOL, Chris! I don't even remember it because it was so completely random.

Of course he thought he was hilarious. His little brother wanted to hear the joke, but he refused to tell it "because only adults will get the reference," he said.

(I didn't have the heart to tell him that I got the reference, but not the joke!)

grin

Kriston
    L
    L
    I talked to my daughter today about her little brother. I am rarely able to talk to anyone without him hearing me and he is at a birthday party playing paintball for the first time with friends.

My daughter often calls her little brother and puts him on speaker phone when she is with her friends, ages 27-30. I always thought she was just kind of showing him off, but today she told me that her friends ask her to call him so they can listen to him because they think he's funny.

She thinks if he were in school that kids would like him because of his sense of humor. She says she is sure that girls would like him. She said she remembers when she was in middle school that the smart, funny guys sometimes had better looking girlfriends than some of the jocks. But she went to a city school and not a small town sports obsessed school.

A few weeks or so ago, her 27 year old boyfriend asked her to call her brother and ask him why there were so many people standing in line at Game Stop at midnight. My son said "tell E that it was probably because ? was just released and then tell him you want to know what he was doing out in that part of town at midnight without you." He puts on this act like he is the protective older brother instead of the 10 year old kid he is. They find it hilarious, especially since my daughter's boyfriend is about 6'3" and a bodybuilder.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    11-year-old earns associate degree
    by indigo - 05/27/24 08:02 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/22/24 08:50 AM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    Classroom support for advanced reader
    by Xtydell - 05/15/24 02:28 PM