Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 97 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    Val #38281 02/17/09 06:39 AM
    Oh, this brings back memories of DS4's 1-2yo year. NOT good memories! shocked

At least he didn't go out. (Thank goodness for small favors!) But the dangers he found in our CHILDPROOFED house absolutely blew my mind!

He once pulled fiberglass insulation out of the wall by reaching up into a tiny crevice between the fireplace stove-thingy and the wall while I was in the bathroom for 2 minutes. He walked around with it in his hand for a while before I figured out what it was. Yikes!

Who does that? How could he even figure out to get to it in that amount of time? <shaking head> I still can't believe it.

And then there was the time he locked me out of my bedroom, stuck his hand in the toilet so it was wet to the elbow, and grabbed a penny. By the time I got the door open, he was literally reaching for an outlet with his wet hand while putting the penny to his mouth! He looked back over his shoulder at me with a "Oh, no! You caught me!" look on his face. Argh!

I always say that if only I hadn't locked up the drain cleaner, he'd have hit the trifecta of ways to kill himself! crazy

I know it sounds too crazy to be true. If I hadn't seen it myself, frankly, I wouldn't believe it!

And, yes, he's my OE kid...

Kriston
    skyward #40015 03/03/09 09:04 PM
    S
    slf Offline
    S
    I, too, share your pain! My sons are now 6 and 8: things are better. At just over 2, my oldest son literally swung from the chandelier. I can't tell you how many times I was humiliated in the library, grocery store, etc, by their crazy behavior. Things have improved greatly since then. Although I still don't enjoy taking them both to the grocery store...

slf #40020 03/04/09 12:33 AM
    G
    G
    O.k., here's my story (mostly for Dottie). When DS was a baby, during the time it took me to pee, he went to the front door, popped the child safety door handle cover off by slapping it hard between both palms. He then dragged a chair over to the door, climbed on it and freed the chain lock. He scooted the chair away, opened the door and when I came into the room, he was on the stoop, giggling and crawling down the steps. He was less than one year old. I really don't know how I survived his toddler-hood.

Last edited by giftedticcyhyper; 03/04/09 12:34 AM.
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM