Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 203 guests, and 15 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    KAR120C Offline OP
    OP Offline
    I know it's not even been four weeks yet but I'm tired of waiting!!!!!

I'm really not a patient person... grumble grumble... but DS said he'd be happy to take the ACT next, so this should be his last Explore and my last long wait.

It doesn't help that I'm also waiting for a bunch of other things -- unrelated of course, but every day that I don't get interesting mail feels like a conspiracy! crazy

Erica
    Step away from the thread Dottie...LOL!

This year has been much easier for us than the long wait last year. For once, our school situation is great and DD loves the challenge. We are in the planning process for middle school and the Explore may be helpful for that.

I hope I will just forget about the test until I casually notice the envelope in the mailbox... yeah right...

Dottie, congrats to DD for being nominated! Since this is our last Explore, I think, I want to see if there is any progress esp. after the grade skips this year. We'll also do SCAT soon and then our school district does some testing for middle school. I think Otis-Lennon and Standford? Of course the year the testing isn't as important, we have tons of it...

Jen

KAR120C Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Cool that she was nominated!! That's a fun envelope to open anyway! smile We had a big envelope this week but it was something to do with being a stockholder in something or other... probably one of DH's former employers. I'm not looking at anything to do with stocks until at least 2015. sick

The scores don't make a bit of difference here either... I just enjoy the overanalysis to which they lend themselves. wink I would say I need a hobby, but I think I've got one! It just doesn't come around but once a year.... LOL

Erica
    We are also waiting...although I have to say that D seems to have forgotten about it. This was her second and last time with the Explore. I am not expecting ceiling scores, but she has always surprised me so far smile
    With Ghost's HS course selection we have plenty of other things to 'worry" about wink

Soo...when should we have them?

Last edited by Ania; 02/20/09 05:21 PM.
    KAR120C Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Depends on who you ask.... our talent search website (Northwestern) says "4-5 weeks", but last year was more like 6-8 I think....

I've never been the first person to get them (I guess since we don't live anywhere near Iowa! LOL) and I've not seen any posts of other people getting them yet, so I'm not really holding my breath.... well maybe a little. wink

Erica
    Originally Posted by KAR1200
    Depends on who you ask.... our talent search website (Northwestern) says "4-5 weeks", but last year was more like 6-8 I think....

I've never been the first person to get them (I guess since we don't live anywhere near Iowa! LOL) and I've not seen any posts of other people getting them yet, so I'm not really holding my breath.... well maybe a little. wink

NOOOOOOOO! We have hit the 4 week mark, and I was sure that we would get them this week. There is no way I would last another 4 weeks. eek

KAR120C Offline OP
    OP Offline
    LOL -- I'm optomistic every single day until about, uh, 1pm when the mail comes and it's not there. Again. grrrrrr.... Not like I don't have plenty of other things to keep me occupied, I just hate having this "loose end" hanging out there! Here's hoping they're on their way!

Erica
    Originally Posted by KAR1200
    LOL -- I'm optomistic every single day until about, uh, 1pm when the mail comes and it's not there. Again. grrrrrr.... Not like I don't have plenty of other things to keep me occupied, I just hate having this "loose end" hanging out there! Here's hoping they're on their way!

This is me, except my hope is dashed around 11:00am. It didn't come today, maybe tomorrow. (Two more days and it will be past 5 weeks.)

E
    E
    I was avoiding the boards the past couple weeks for a variety of reasons smile Time being one, extreme frustration with DS the other.

But like the rest of you - still waiting...

I hope you like your new Job Dottie smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs