Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 269 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    Originally Posted by snowgirl
    I can't say enough about how helpful this board has been even though my kids are only in the MG range.

I feel compelled to note that while many of the kids discussed here are HG+, parents of kids at any LOG are VERY welcome! smile

I always say that if you can get something from the conversations and/or contribute something to them, then you belong here! We don't check IQ scores at the door or anything. wink

Besides, a lot of us began this journey thinking our kids were MG (or even ND), only to find out that our perspective was skewed. I know I did! It could benefit some people who think they have an MG kid to hang out here and get a little reality check...

Kriston
    Ahhh! No, Dottie! Don't leave us!

Kriston
    Okay, you're allowed to cut back. If you must.

But on the weekends, we'll expect you to be here to answer all our testing questions! wink What would we do without you?

Kriston
    I belong to a homeschool co-op and when I made the decision to send DS to school, the reaction was amazing. You'd have thought I grew another head or something! But none of them has ever tried to keep up with my DS!

The best thing about this thread is that there are no "dumb questions". I know, because I ask lots and they always get answered.

Dottie, you are not getting out of "test guru" that easy!! Evenings and weekends work fine for us! LOL

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    H
    H
    I love it here because of all the tips, advice, and recommendations. I picked up "The Mislabeled Child" that was mentioned here, and I just cannot put it down. Instead of feeling so frustrated with DS6 for not writing, I can turn it around and make it fun becuz I understand him. Everything here has made me a better mom! Thanks so much you guys!!!!

Dottie- Congrats on the new job! Too bad they can't pay you to answer all our posts....

L
    L
    This is the only board where I feel comfortable talking about my twice-exceptional son's difficulties and accomplishments. It is hard for a lot of people to understand how a child can be twice exceptional, how he could be so smart in so many ways but have difficulty tying his shoes or writing because of a hidden disability. My son enjoys reading some of the posts and I have noticed that he is usually interested in what Austin has to say. I am happy to see there are gifted men posting on this board.

It is wonderful to find people who understand OEs, both mine and my son's.

S
    S
    Ditto to what Lori said about the 2E stuff. It means a lot to me to be able to talk about ds's strengths after years of hearing from professionals about his developmental delays, among those who understand that just because he had no words at 3 y.o. doesn't mean he isn't bright.
    smile

B
    B
    An additional love note for this board. I haven't frequented other "gifted" boards, and so feel very lucky to have come upon this one first.

I find lots and lots of eye opening topics for me and our family, and the tenor of this board is so welcoming and open.

thank you all!

Originally Posted by Dottie
    I've seriously taught you all everything I know!

On a lighter note, I think I found the "Smackdown", LOL! (Or at least a spin-off...)

Tell me, tell me. I must admit that I tried to find it yesterday but no luck. I know, I know shame on me. PM the address, I am curious.

Maybe I could just check the "testing and assessment" thread.....
    Why, oh why does that remind me of something. As if I had heard it somewhere before wink

Good luck with your new job.

I really like this board. I even made real friends here. I hope I get to see some of you again this year.

LMom
    Originally Posted by Val
    One of the good things about this board is the lack of that kind of bragging. When we brag, we go to the thread specifically designed for it --- and it's a friendly thread that's there for us to cheer all our children's accomplishments, not for making others feel lousy.

I agree Val. It's natural to want to freely talk about how wonderful your children are - i.e., brag! What I like is that people on this board brag about their kids, who happen to be gifted, in all areas they are proud of, not just what they are capable of academically. That makes it so easy to relate to and enjoy when hearing stories on the brag threads here. OTOH, "GT Forum Smackdown" is about bragging about your kids *because* of their giftedness. Subtle difference, but it really shines through.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM