Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 121 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    #38203 02/16/09 12:46 PM
    K
    OP Offline
    K
    It is official, I'm a snot on message boards. I was fighting all directions to do chores this weekend and flitted around some other gt message boards. HOLY CRAP! No wonder we have problems talking to our schools when you've got parents talking silly nonsense about hothousing all kids into being gt, not needing special programs, and equating a 6 year old recognizing some basic sight words with hg/pg.

I promise I'll never "cheat" on ya'all again!!!

This is definitely a pretty special forum from what I've seen. Lots of sane, supportive and well-read people who know about GTness (and kids in general!).

If only the rest of the world were so good! frown

Kriston
    I couldn't agree more. I cruised many sites before I found this one. Home of coherent people! LOL

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    T
    Tiz Offline
    T
    Yes, I agree! This is a really special site. I also looked at numerous other sites and was often quite disturbed by people's attitudes and nastiness. Needless to say this is the only place that I go to!
    xx

I guess I lucked into this one! I had never participated in a board in my life, and I typed in a question in google re: 3 year old reading, and found this wonderful community. Never found the need to look for another. smile

Hoo boy there are some doozies out there! LOL It's funny how each messageboard gets a kind of "personality" of its own... Even the non-GT ones can be pretty awful. Homeschooling messageboards in particular seem to have a great potential for being really snippy sorts of places with well-established "in crowds" and an official point of view.

Throw GT in with homeschooling (GT boards that would be nice except they're anti-homeschooling or homeschooling boards that would be nice if only they weren't so uptight about GT...) and it can be hard to find an online home!

I'm glad to have you guys here!! smile

Erica
    Yes- this board has good "chemistry". I have to confess that when I'm *really* procrastinating I like to gawk (not participate) at sites where folks get snippy. It's kind of like watching Smackdown whistle.

My story is very similar to St. Pauli in that this was the first message board I discovered and as I looked at other boards I realized fast that this one is the most advanced but I do use another board and like it for the reason that they are more in the beginning of understanding. I have made a few dear friends on that board and really appreciate having them in my life. So I will admit that I 'cheat'. Go ahead ... I am ready for my stoning.

Yes this is a very special board! I think my son is high MG lol but I still feel welcomed here!

I love reading threads like this! I feel so 'bad' for being 'outward-perfectionisic' towards the other boards - and yet - I love it here!

so weird to think that there really are 'other people' who like the pretty little pretend world I've been imagining my whole life! For so long there just weren't!

I wish that this had been around when my DS was 5 or 3. But would I have know to look for it? Probably not. When my son was 6, my BF from college visited with her kids, and she tried to tell me that DS's school problems stemmed from his 'very gifted-ness' but I didn't believe her, because I had asked the teacher if he needed more academic stimulation to behave better and you should have seen how firmly she shook her head:'Oh No!' That was back in the days when I totally expected teacher to be the experts on my kid!

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...