Here is an email I received from Northwestern University. It is for essentially sponsorship for a gifted, high achieving and low income 7th grade student to possibly include college tuition!
Dear Parent/Guardian:

I write to alert you that the Jack Kent Cooke (JKC) Young Scholars Program application period is open for eligible seventh-grade students. The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Young Scholars Program supports hundreds of high-achieving students with financial need across the United States. I write to inform you of this resource for your child.

Young Scholars receive funding to participate in academic summer programs, extracurricular lessons, distance learning courses, and other enrichment opportunities. Throughout their time in the program, Scholars work closely with an educational adviser who helps them plan an academic and talent development path to prepare them to enter top universities. Most Young Scholars receive a college scholarship from JKC.

What do our Scholars are saying about the Young Scholars Program?

"The Young Scholars Program gives me opportunities to explore a larger scale of possibilities."

"The Young Scholars Program has given me the confidence to strive for a better education and has shown me that I can succeed when I take risks."

"I have been given access to the Internet. Most importantly, I have obtained better insight on life after being given the opportunity to travel."

Seventh graders who value academic excellence, determination, leadership, and public service are encouraged to apply for the JKC Young Scholars Program. Applicants must have demonstrated financial need-- typically, a family income below $60,000. In assessing financial need, the Foundation considers factors such as family income and assets, the number of siblings in college, exceptional family medical expenses, and geographic differences in the cost of living.

For more details about the program and how to apply, visit our Web site www.jkcf.org.

Applications are due on Monday, April 27, 2009. If you have any questions, please contact me at 847-491-7127 or tammie-stewart@northwestern.edu.

Sincerely,

Tammie Stewart
Manager Community Outreach
Jack Kent Cooke Young Scholars Program
Center for Talent Development
Northwestern University
847-491-7127